Retro Full Suit
OUR FINEST WETSUIT TO DATE
The Nineplus Retro Fullsuit - now in its 17th year represents what we believe to be one of the most durable, warm, flexible and close to a custom as possible. Produced in Yamamoto Number 38 for Autumn 2017 this is a suit which is extremely modern in terms of fit, comfort and weight while retaining the retro styling of a classic single lined smooth-skin wetsuit.
The weight of the materials weigh in at just 2.2lbs (1kg). The suits have minimal water retention as the outside single lined smooth skin acts as a membrane and is impenetrable by water. The suits lining being nylon will dry out in under 15 minutes when left to dry inside out. The chest is lined in Zirconium thermal polypropylene which being water resistant keeps the core chest area warm. The leg panelling uses a complete piece of nylon to eliminate any seat seams and also doubles in flexibility to help when sitting up on the surfboard as it keeps the squat much more flexible.
The wetsuit details
The Retro Fullsuit is built around the contours of the human body. The slight muscle tones of the body can be followed and when this is done the whole wetsuit moves easier against the body as we walk, move and stretch. As the Yamamoto neoprene has a greater density but is not heavier it stays fixed in position and gives a much better overall fit against the body .
- Blind stitched seams throughout, as well as Japanese glue seals which act like welded seems but lighter and more comfortable.
- Advanced Yamamoto Japanese neoprene; with a tighter cell structure so that less neoprene keeps you just as warm
- Japanese Kanako knee panels, comfortable and durable.
- Rubber taped seams on ankles, wrists and behind the knees.
- The smooth skin protects from wind chill. Lined in 4000 and 6000 Yamamoto – the most flexible, stretchable lining available.
- Classic Nineplus branding for a stylish look
- Zirconium lined core - this is a dermatological body warming material with very low water absorbency. Extremely light and durable the best thermal lining on the market.
- Lumbar panel at base of spine for better fit.
- Japanese seat panel, with nylon in the seat area for durability.
- The memory of our neoprene will retain full stretch qualities over 2000 times which prevents stretch-out in your wetsuit.
RFS | 4/3mm
RFS | 3/2mm
Best of all, it's Yamamoto
Yamamoto neoprene is not derived from petrochemicals in anyway, it is from limestone taken from the mountains within Japan in the same way concrete is made.
There is estimated to be enough reserves to last another 3000 years so it is not a limited supply resource.
Our neoprene is as environmentally friendly as possible. Not just in its makeup but mostly in the production technique which is the most damaging aspect of neoprene production.
To find out more of the technical details about Yamamoto Neoprene click here: